Monday, May 05, 2008

I'm Famous! (...in a Very Small Corner of the World)

So last summer I was on my bike on my long long commute (less then a mile) to work. Pedaling down the street I notice a car with a funny roof-top attachment. Then I see that the car says, quite inconspicuously I may say, "Google". It was in almost too-tiny-to-decipher letters on the door.

No doubt it was a car-mounted camera gathering data for the "Street View" that you can get by looking up addresses at maps.google.com.

No doubt for sure! Now it's been confirmed! I now exist as part of a "Street View" scene in the wide world of Google. Check it out here: N. 5th and Brighton St., Brighton, Co. I'm that funky dude listening to his morning NPR on my Schwinn front springer forked cruiser. Oh what a sweet day.

I wonder if Google pays royalties?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL that's so awesome! Congratulations!

Joel Jennings said...

Yea, I thought it was crazy that I could even find the view!